Family Law Lawyer With Your Best Interests in Mind
- Williamson Law Firm, PLLC is an award-winning legal practice that handles all cases involving family-related issues.
- Our founder Mark Williamson was named a Super Lawyer by Texas Monthly Magazine and was listed as one of the top lawyers in Texas in another publication.
- Mark Williamson is a successful attorney who has represented hundreds of clients in Collin County.
- See what it’s like to work with one of the best law firms in Texas by reading the reviews on our website.
- Get honest legal advice from one of our aggressive attorneys by scheduling a consultation today.
Family law is a field of law that covers a number of different legal issues, including but not limited to divorce, child custody, child support, adoption, and prenuptial or postnuptial agreements. Basically, family law attorneys can assist you when you are involved in a dispute that involves family issues.
Why should you work with an attorney instead of handling these issues on your own? Emotions tend to run high when dealing with family issues. It may be difficult for you to put your feelings aside in order to work with the other party to reach a resolution that benefits everyone involved. That’s where an attorney can help. An attorney will help you make decisions that are in your best interests, so you don’t let your emotions cloud your judgment. If issues cannot be resolved in mediation, an attorney can also represent you in court to ensure you reach a favorable outcome.
If you are involved in a family law dispute, contact Williamson Law Firm, PLLC today to set up a consultation with our experienced attorneys.
Divorce Lawyer Helping Clients Reach Favorable Settlements
Divorce Attorney Fighting Tirelessly on Your Behalf
- Our honest and aggressive law firm is recognized as one of the top legal practices in Collin County.
- When you work with our award-winning attorneys, you will hear from them on a regular basis.
- Our lawyers have extensive family law knowledge, which is one of the ways we differentiate ourselves from other law firms.
- Mark Williamson is an experienced attorney who is prepared to present your case in court if this will help him achieve the best possible outcome on your behalf.
- Read our client reviews to learn what it’s like to work with a lawyer from Williamson Law Firm, PLLC.
People change once divorce papers have been filed. Even if you ended your marriage amicably, it’s possible that you will see the worst side of your spouse during the divorce proceedings. Because of this, you will need to be prepared by seeking representation from an experienced divorce attorney at Williamson Law Firm, PLLC.
Divorcing couples may argue over a number of issues during a divorce, including those related to child custody, child support, spousal support, and property division. If both partners are willing to compromise, these issues can be settled quickly in mediation, which takes place outside of the courtroom. However, it’s possible that your partner won’t want to cooperate with you because he is harboring anger or resentment. In this case, your divorce will end up in front of a judge, who will be responsible for resolving these issues on your behalf. Either way, it’s in your best interests to have an attorney by your side. Let the attorneys at Williamson Law Firm, PLLC secure a fair divorce settlement so you can move on to the next chapter in your life.
Divorce Service And Child Custody Guidance Provided by the Top Family Law Attorneys
Child Custody Attorney Reaching Agreements That Work For Your Family
- Mark Williamson is an attorney who will always put the best interests of his clients first when resolving family law matters.
- Mark Williamson has been given the title of “Top Child Custody Lawyer” by Avvo, a website that rates attorneys.
- Our clients have also helped Mark Williamson earn a perfect 10/10 score on Avvo by leaving honest reviews about his legal services.
- Our aggressive lawyers will fight tirelessly to reach a favorable settlement on your behalf.
- Find out how we stand out from other law firms by setting up a consultation with our award-winning law firm today.
Every parent should want to protect his child’s best interests, but unfortunately, some parents may let their emotions cloud their judgment during a divorce. One parent may selfishly fight for a child custody agreement that is not in the child’s best interests. It’s also possible that both parents will have a different view as to what is best for the child. At Williamson Law Firm, PLLC, we know how important it is to allow the parents to make decisions regarding child custody. Our attorneys will work tirelessly to try to resolve child custody issues in mediation. However, if the other party is not cooperating, we will not back down and sacrifice your child’s future. Instead, we will take the case to court and continue fighting on behalf of your child.
If you are facing issues related to the establishment, modification, or enforcement of a child custody order, contact Williamson Law Firm, PLLC today.
Law Firm Helping Families With Child Support Matters in Collin County
Child Support Lawyer Doing What’s Best For Your Children
- Talk to our award-winning lawyers about the goals that you hope to achieve in your child support dispute.
- Mark Williamson is an attorney who is dedicated to doing what is in the best interests of his clients.
- Martindale-Hubbell issued the prestigious AV pre-eminent rating to Mark Williamson. This is an award that is only given to the top attorneys in the country.
- We believe in having honest conversations with clients and being aggressive when pursuing their goals—perhaps that’s why we are one of the best law firms in Texas.
- Read our client reviews before you schedule a consultation to see what other clients have to say about working a lawyer from our firm.
Family courts in the state of Texas will ensure that parents always provide for their children—even in the event of a divorce. When two parents divorce, the noncustodial parent will usually be required to pay the custodial parent child support on a monthly basis. The amount of child support that has to be paid is determined using a set of guidelines established by the state. First, the noncustodial parent’s net income is calculated. Net income includes wages, salaries, income from interest and dividends, self-employment income, rental income, retirement benefits, unemployment benefits, and workers’ compensation. Then, a percentage of this income will be allocated towards child support using the state’s guidelines. For instance, noncustodial parents may be asked to pay 20% of their net monthly income if they have one child, or 25% if they have two.
Whether you are facing issues related to establishing, modifying, or enforcing child support orders, our team can help. Contact Williamson Law Firm, PLLC today to discuss solutions for your legal issue involving child support orders, child support enforcement, and child support modifications.
Lawyer Assisting Clients Through The Exciting Adoption Journey
Adoptions Attorney Connecting Parents and Children in Collin County, TX
- The founder of our law firm, attorney Mark Williamson, enjoys working on cases where he can help families fulfill their dreams of adopting a child.
- The award-winning attorneys on our team know the ins and outs of adoption laws.
- Our lawyers have earned their place at the top by being honest and upfront with clients at all times.
- If you plan on adopting a child, trust an aggressive attorney from one of the best law firms in Collin County to help you achieve your goal.
- Clients often leave us reviews to thank us for the help we provided them on their adoption journey.
Adopting a child will be one of the best decisions that you’ve ever made. But, before you get to welcome a child into your home, you will have to make it through a number of legal obstacles that could deter you from pursuing your dream. If you plan on adopting a child, schedule a consultation with an experienced family law attorney at Williamson Law Firm, PLLC to find out how we can help.
Our family law attorneys can assist you with domestic, international, step-parent, open, closed, and private adoptions. We will help you collect the documents that you need to submit, solicit references from the loved ones in your life, schedule home visits, and overcome any challenge that you may face while attempting to adopt. Our goal is to make the process as simple as possible for you so can focus all of your energy towards welcoming a new child into your home.
Legal Services to Help Clients Protect Their Futures With Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements in Collin County, TX
Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreement Lawyer Keeping Clients Financially Protected
- Texas Monthly Magazine and several other publications have recognized attorney Mark Williamson as one of the best lawyers in the state.
- Our founder received the “Client’s Choice” award by Avvo, which is a prestigious website that reviews attorneys.
- We are aggressive when protecting the best interests of our clients, which is why we are one of the top law firms in Texas.
- Don’t sign a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement until you have received honest legal advice from an award-winning lawyer.
- Schedule a consultation with our law firm today to discuss your needs.
Couples are seeking legal representation to draft prenuptial and postnuptial agreements now more than ever. These agreements specify who will receive what in the event of a divorce and whether one party will be responsible for paying spousal support if the marriage ends. By preparing a prenup or postnup, couples can ensure that they are both treated fairly if they do decide to divorce. The breadwinner in the relationship can protect his spouse from taking a significant portion of his assets, while the partner that earns less income can make sure she is provided for in some way. A prenup or postnup also helps couples avoid spending months in the courtroom battling each other over these issues after they’ve filed for divorce.
Couples who have not yet married should talk to an attorney about prenuptial agreements. If you’re already married, you can still take action to protect yourself by working with an attorney to develop a postnuptial agreement. Contact Williamson Law Firm, PLLC today to discuss your options with an experienced family law attorney.
Trial Attorney Ready to Fight Tirelessly on Behalf of Parents Experiencing Education Law Issues in Collin County
Education Law Attorney Advocating For Students and Parents
- Our award-winning attorneys are committed to helping students who have been unfairly treated.
- Mark Williamson is an honest attorney who will always put the best interests of his clients before anything else.
- Our aggressive lawyers will stop at nothing to defend your child’s rights.
- You will need legal representation from one of the top law firms in Texas in order to go head-to-head with a school district.
- Take a few moments to read reviews of our law firm—then, contact us to schedule a consultation with a lawyer in our office.
The education law attorneys at Williamson Law Firm, PLLC can assist students and parents who are dealing with issues related to disciplinary action, discrimination, harassment, special needs children, and student rights at school.
When will you need an education law attorney? Let’s say your special needs child is being denied the classroom accommodations he needs to keep up with his classmates. Or, perhaps your child has been harassed by his teacher or another school employee because of the color of his skin or national origin. In both of these cases, an education law attorney can fight back against the school for violating state and federal civil rights laws.
Parents should also reach out to an attorney if their child is facing unfair disciplinary action at school. If the school is not giving you answers as to why your child is being disciplined, or if you believe the disciplinary action infringes on your child’s rights in any way, speak to an attorney as soon as possible.
Our law office has a number of practice areas, including divorce, child custody, child support, visitation, adoption, and education law. To schedule a consultation with a member on our team, please contact us by phone or email. Please enter your personal information into the form on our site to reach us by email or call 469-385-3305. We will spend time learning about your personal legal issue and then address your questions during the initial consultation.