Family Law Lawyer Representing North Dallas Clients Since 1990
- The founder of our law firm, attorney Mark Williamson, has handled hundreds of family law cases for clients in North Dallas.
- Texas Monthly Magazine named Mark Williamson a “Super Lawyer.” He was also included on a list of the top lawyers in the state.
- Our award-winning attorneys help clients achieve their goals by providing them with honest advice and aggressive legal representation.
- Learn why our clients think we are one of the best law firms in Texas by reading our reviews.
Family law attorneys can assist clients in cases involving divorce, child custody, child support, adoption, and prenuptial or postnuptial agreements. Why is it important to work with an attorney? The decisions that you make when handling family law matters can greatly affect the rest of your life. For instance, the outcome of a child custody dispute will determine how often you will get to spend time with your child. An attorney may also be able to help these issues outside of the courtroom, which could save you time and money. Our attorneys always aim to settle disputes amicably. But, if this is not possible, we won’t be afraid to take the issue to court to protect your family’s best interests.
Don’t put your family’s future at risk by choosing to represent yourself or working with an inexperienced attorney. Contact the attorneys at Williamson Law Firm, PLLC today to schedule a consultation regarding your legal matter.
Divorce Lawyer With Experience Handling Hundreds of Family Law Cases
Divorce Attorney Recognized For Legal Excellence in Dallas, TX
- Our award-winning lawyers in Dallas treat clients with compassion to help them get through this challenging time.
- Avvo has rated attorney Mark Williamson a perfect 10/10 because of the honest reviews left by former clients.
- Williamson Law Firm, PLLC has served clients in North Dallas for over 25 years.
- Our aggressive attorneys will try to settle your divorce outside of the courtroom, but we are prepared to take your case to court if it’s necessary.
- Schedule a consultation with a top lawyer from one of the best law firms in Texas today.
Filing for divorce is never easy, but it can be much less stressful with an experienced divorce attorney by your side. It’s common for people to feel a range of emotions as they are getting divorced, and these emotions may prevent you from thinking clearly or making decisions that are in your best interests. But, an attorney can help you focus on the big picture during child custody, child support, and property division disputes. For instance, he may show you why it’s important to compromise on issues that aren’t that important to you in order to get your spouse to compromise on issues that are near and dear to your heart.
At Williamson Law Firm, PLLC, we understand that you need time to grieve the end of your marriage. That’s why we always treat our clients with a great deal of compassion as they try to move forward from this difficult chapter in their lives. Our Dallas divorce attorneys truly empathize with our clients, and will work tirelessly on their behalf to reach a fair divorce settlement. Contact our law offices today to learn more.
Divorce Service For Clients Facing Child Custody Disputes in North Dallas, TX
Child Custody Attorney Acting in Your Child’s Best Interests
- To settle your child custody dispute, you will need aggressive representation from one of the top attorneys in Texas.
- Attorney Mark Williamson was given the AV pre-eminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell, which is the best rating that can be given to lawyers.
- Read the honest reviews written by our former clients to find out how we are different from other law firms in the North Dallas area.
- Schedule a consultation with an award-winning lawyer at Williamson Law Firm, PLLC today.
Courts in the state of Texas tend to believe that children will benefit from having two parents that are willing to work together and share custody. In Texas, parents have the opportunity to create a written parenting plan on their own before taking the matter to court. The parenting plan must still be approved by a judge, who will carefully review it to determine if it is in the child’s best interests. At Williamson Law Firm, PLLC, our goal is to help all clients resolve their issues outside of the courtroom to save them time and money. However, we understand that this is not always possible if one party is not willing to negotiate. In the event that a resolution cannot be reached, we are prepared to take your case to court and continue fighting on your behalf. In the end, the judge will resolve child custody issues by determining what arrangement is best for the child. But, the judge may have a different opinion of what’s best for your child than you do. Let our attorneys ensure that you are able to reach a fair child custody agreement that is truly in your child’s best interests.
Law Firm Offering Child Support Services in North Dallas
Child Support Lawyer Serving Families in the State of Texas
- Mark Williamson was given the “Clients’ Choice” award by Avvo, a website that reviews attorneys.
- You will not be passed around from lawyer to lawyer if you work with Williamson Law Firm, PLLC—each client gets personalized attention from his or her attorney.
- Our award-winning lawyers are among the best in North Dallas.
- We have become one of the top law firms by being honest with clients and always providing them with aggressive legal representation.
Child support is one of the many issues that will need to be resolved during a divorce. The noncustodial parent is typically responsible for paying child support to the custodial parent, however, the amount that he is ordered to pay will vary on a case-by-case basis. The judge will most likely calculate child support using guidelines established by the state of Texas, but he is allowed to deviate from these guidelines under certain circumstances. The guidelines state that the noncustodial parent should pay a percentage of his monthly net income to the custodial parent for child support. For example, noncustodial parents may be asked to pay 20% of their monthly net income if they only have one child, and up to 40% if they have five children.
Once a child support order has been issued, other legal disputes may arise if one parent requests a modification or if the noncustodial parent fails to pay. If you are dealing with any type of dispute related to child support, contact Williamson Law Firm, PLLC at once.
Lawyer Providing Guidance During The Adoption Process
Adoptions Attorney Helping Clients Welcome New Family Members
- Mark Williamson is an award-winning attorney with a passion for helping clients expand their families through adoption.
- Our top lawyers will provide you with honest advice as we guide you through the complex adoption process.
- Our aggressive attorneys will help you explore your legal options so you can choose the best option for your family.
- We have been recognized by local and national organizations as one of the best law firms in North Dallas.
- Take a look at the reviews on our website to learn more about working with a lawyer at Williamson Law Firm, PLLC.
If you would like to adopt a child, there are a handful of options that you should know about. The first is domestic adoption, which involves adopting a child from a local or state adoption agency. Prospective parents who are interested in adopting a child from outside of the country should explore international adoption instead of domestic adoption. This can be a lengthy process, but one that is well worth the wait to help you fulfill your dreams.
Prospective parents should also learn the difference between open and closed adoptions. In an open adoption, the biological parents can maintain contact with the child even after the adoption has been finalized. The biological parents are cut off from communicating with the child in closed adoptions, however. Prospective parents will need to carefully review these options with an attorney to determine which is right for their family.
Discuss your dreams of adopting with an experienced family law attorney at Williamson Law Firm, PLLC who can help you decide which path is right for you.
Legal Services For Engaged or Married Couples Concerned About Their Financial Future
Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreement Lawyer Drafting Effective Contracts on Behalf of Clients
- Our award-winning attorneys have over 25 years of experiencing crafting prenuptial and postnuptial agreements for clients in North Dallas.
- Attorney Mark Williamson has been awarded the best possible rating on Avvo because of the number of positive reviews written by his former clients.
- If you work with a top lawyer at Williamson Law Firm, PLLC, you will receive the attention that you won’t get at other law firms in Texas.
- Learn more about working with our honest and aggressive lawyers by scheduling a consultation today.
No matter how much you and your spouse love each other, things can still get messy during a divorce. Some couples spend months—or even years—battling with their spouse in court over issues related to the division of property and spousal support. If this is not the way that you want your relationship to end, be proactive and work with an attorney to create a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement. A prenuptial agreement is one that is entered prior to marriage, while a postnuptial agreement is signed after the couple has already been legally married. By creating one of these agreements, you have the opportunity to sit down with your partner while you are still on good terms to decide how property will be divided and if spousal support will be paid.
Talking about a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement may not be the most romantic conversation, but it’s an important one to have if you want to protect your future. Contact Williamson Law Firm, PLLC to schedule a consultation today.
Trial Attorney Aggressively Representing Students With Education Law Issues In North Dallas
Education Law Attorney Protecting the Rights of Students
- Don’t put your child’s educational future in the hands of an inexperienced lawyer—trust the award-winning team of top attorneys at Williamson Law Firm, PLLC.
- You deserve to hear the truth regarding your legal options, which is why our lawyers will always provide you with honest legal advice.
- Attorney Mark Williamson, the founder of our law firm, frequently receives positive reviews from his former clients.
- We have become one of the best law firms by taking an aggressive approach to helping our clients meet their goals.
School plays a significant role in the lives of children. Kids spend the majority of their days at school learning about a wide range of subjects that will help them find success in their adult lives. Unfortunately, some children have to deal with conflicts at school that distract from their education and affect their ability to learn. Students may be disciplined unfairly by the school, resulting in a suspension or expulsion that will remain on their records. Special needs children may be denied the accommodations they need to help them learn. Children may even be discriminated or harassed because of their race, religion, age, sex, disability, or ethnicity.
If this happens to your child, you may feel helpless. How can you prevent the school from interfering with your child’s education? Seek legal representation from the skilled education law attorneys at Williamson Law Firm, PLLC. Make the call today to schedule your consultation.
Our law office has a number of practice areas, including divorce, child custody, child support, visitation, adoption, and education law. To schedule a consultation with a legal professional, please contact us by phone or email. Our phone number is 469-385-3305, or you can enter your information into the form on our site. Our Dallas family law attorneys will answer your personal legal questions during this initial consultation.